Allen C. Richmond, MD
Dr. Richmond started his practice in 1977. He is a board-certified Ophthalmologist with over thirty years of experience. He graduated from Rutgers University where he was a Henry Rutgers Scholar and from Jefferson Medical College. Dr. Richmond completed his residency in Ophthalmology at The Scheie Eye Institute, The University of Pennsylvania under Harold Scheie.
His primary interest is Cataract Surgery, but offers treatments for other eye conditions including Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Eye Disease, and Dry Eye. His current hospital affiliations include: Jefferson Hospital - Torresdale (formerly Frankford Hospital), Wills Eye Hospital and The Scheie Eye Institute.
He is a member of the the American Academy of Ophthalmology, Pennsylvania Medical Society and Philadelphia County Medical Society.
- Bachelor’s Degree from Rutgers University
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from Jefferson Medical College
- Ophthalmology Residency at Scheie Eye Institute at University of Pennsylvania
Positions & Distinctions
- Member of The American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of the Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Member of the Philadelphia County Medical Society