Anand V. Mantravadi, MD
Anand Mantravadi, MD, is an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Jefferson Medical College and a member of the Glaucoma Service at Wills Eye Institute. He attended undergraduate school at DePauw University and pursued a masters at Purdue University. He then received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the Indiana University School of Medicine. Subsequently, Dr. Mantravadi completed an internship in Internal Medicine at the University of Illinois in Chicago and then a residency at the Eye Institute at the Medical College of Wisconsin, where he also served as Chief Resident. He completed his Clinical Fellowship in Glaucoma at Wills Eye Hospital.
In the past, Dr. Mantravadi has served as an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology and the Director of the Glaucoma Service at Loyola University Chicago before returning to Philadelphia in 2010. In 2011, he received the American Glaucoma Society Mentoring of Physician Scientist Award for his efforts as an educator and author. He is active in research, and clinical care, and has presented at many national meetings. He has published a number of peer reviewed articles and authored several book chapters. He is also active in both resident and fellow education, and currently is the glaucoma fellowship co-director at Wills Eye Hospital. He currently provides care for patients at Wills Eye Hospital, as well as in the areas of Bucks County, PA, Rehoboth Beach, DE, and Glen Mills, PA.
- Bachelor's Degree from DePauw University
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from Indiana University School of Medicine
- Internship in Internal Medicine at University of Illinois
- Ophthalmology Residency at the Eye Institute at the Medical College of Wisconsin
Positions & Distinctions
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Jefferson Medical College
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology and the Director of the Glaucoma Service at Loyola University Chicago
- Fellowship Director for the Glaucoma Fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital
- Member of the Glaucoma Service at Wills Eye Institute
- American Glaucoma Society Mentoring of Physician Scientist Award in 2011