Courtland Schmidt Jr., MD
Dr. Courtland Schmidt specializes in diagnosing and treating Glaucoma – on top of seeing patients at Ophthalmic Partners, he serves as an Assistant Surgeon at Wills Eye Hospital's Glaucoma Service and is a Clinical Assistant Professor in Jefferson Medical College's Department of Ophthalmology. He sees patients at multiple locations in Philadelphia and New Jersey.
Prior to joining Ophthalmic Partners, Dr. Schmidt attended Yale College and then received his Doctor of Medicine degree at Wayne State University School of Medicine, where he graduated with honors. He completed a transitional internship at St. Francis Hospital and did both a residency in ophthalmology and a glaucoma fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital.
In addition to patient care, Dr. Schmidt is also heavily involved in research and has co-authored multiple papers on glaucoma and its treatments. He is on staff at Wills Eye Hospital's Glaucoma Service and has given lectures both locally and nationally. Dr. Schmidt has received several distinctions in the medical field, including ""Best Doctors in America 2008-09.""
- Bachelor's Degree from Yale University
- Doctor of Medicine from Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Transitional Internship at St. Francis Hospital
- Residency in Ophthalmology at Wills Eye Hospital
- Glaucoma Fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital
Positions & Distinctions
- Assistant Surgeon on the Glaucoma Service at Wills Eye Hospital
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University
- Member of American Glaucoma Society
- Listing in “Best Doctors in America 2008-09”
- South Jersey Magazine Top Physician, 2015, 2006, 2017, 2018