Michael J. Pro, MD
Dr. Pro graduated from the Pennsylvania State University with degrees in Political Science and German Literature and then completed a post-baccalaureate pre-med program at Penn State Brandywine. He then attended MCP Hahnemann University School of Medicine (now Drexel College of Medicine). Subsequently, he completed an internship at the St. Barnabas Medical Center and then a residency in ophthalmology at the New York Eye & Ear Infirmary, where he was named Chief Resident. He remained at the New York Eye & Ear Infirmary to complete his Glaucoma Fellowship. Upon completion of his training Dr. Pro joined Ophthalmic Partners of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, as well as the Wills Eye Hospital Glaucoma Service.
In addition to seeing patients at Ophthalmic Partners, Dr. Pro is involved in resident education at the Wills Eye Hospital as an attending physician for a monthly resident clinic and he staffs resident laser and surgical cases. Dr. Pro is staff member of the Wills Glaucoma Fellowship instructing the next generation of glaucoma surgeons in the latest techniques and devices. He has numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals and is a frequent lecturer both regionally and nationally. Dr. Pro is a member of several medical associations including the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Glaucoma Society, and the Pennsylvania Medical Society. He is a past President of the Greater Philadelphia Ophthalmic Society.
- Bachelors of Arts Degree from Pennsylvania State University 1993
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from MCP Hahnemann University School of Medicine 2001
- Ophthalmology Residency at The New York Eye & Ear Infirmary 2005
- Glaucoma Fellowship at The New York Eye & Ear Infirmary 2006
Positions & Distinctions
- Phi Beta Kappa, Penn State University 1993
- Alpha Omega Alpha, MCP Hahnemann University School of Medicine 2001
- Abdul H. Islami, M.D. Award for Outstanding Transitional Resident of the Year 2001-2002
- Member of American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of American Glaucoma Society
- Member of Pennsylvania Medical Society
- South Jersey Magazine Top Physicians, 2016, 2017
- NJ Top Docs 2018