Monisha M. Vora, MD
Dr. Monisha M. Vora is board certified comprehensive ophthalmologist and fellowship-trained glaucoma specialist. She specializes in routine and complex cataract surgery and offers her patients the latest in premium intraocular lens technology. She also performs all types of glaucoma surgery, including lasers (SLT, ALT, YAG, Micropulse), minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (iStent, Trabectome, Kahook Dual Blade, OMNI), as well as advanced procedures such as trabeculectomy (using Express shunt and Xen) and tube shunt surgeries (Ahmed, BaerveLDT, and Molteno). She currently serves on the Wills Eye Hospital Glaucoma Service, where she plays an active role in clinical resident education.
Dr. Vora is a native of upstate New York. She received a BS in Chemistry with a minor in Hispanic Studies summa cum laude from Carnegie Mellon University in 2006. Next, she went to Long Island where she received her MD at Stony Brook University School of Medicine (2010). After serving an internship in Internal Medicine, she completed residency training in medical and surgical Ophthalmology at North Shore Long Island Jewish Medical Center (2014) where she served as chief resident in her final year. In 2015, she graduated from the prestigious Scheie Eye Institute at University of Pennsylvania after completing a clinical and surgical fellowship in glaucoma. Dr. Vora has presented her research at several conferences including the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) and the Association for Research and Vision in Ophthalmology (ARVO). She is fluent in Spanish and her native Gujarati. In her free time, she enjoys cooking, dancing, traveling, and spending time with her family.
- Bachelor’s Degree from Carnegie Mellon University, summa cum laude
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from Stony Brook University School of Medicine
- Residency at North Shore Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Chief Resident
- Glaucoma Fellowship at Scheie Eye Institute at University of Pennsylvania
Positions & Distinctions
- Main Line Today Top Docs 2019
- Member of the Glaucoma Service at Wills Eye Hospital
- Main Line Today Top Docs 2018
- Member of American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of American Glaucoma Society
- Member of American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Member of Women in Ophthalmology
- Fluent in Spanish and Gujarati