Philip Horowitz, MD
Dr. Horowitz is a graduate of Johns Hopkins Medical School. He then completed a year internship at Johns Hopkins on the Marburg internal medicine service. He completed his ophthalmology residency at the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins. The ensuing two years were spent at the Staten Island United States Public Hospital where he fulfilled his military obligation mentoring ophthalmology residents. He established a general ophthalmology practice in 1971 which became South Jersey Eye Physicians, and he actively practices three days a week.
He continues a long time association with Virtua Memorial Hospital, Mt. Holly, as Chief Section of Ophthalmology, Department of Surgery.
He is married with three children and six grandchildren. Dr. Horowitz enjoys adventure travel focusing on world-wide wildlife photography.
- Bachelors of Arts from Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from John Hopkins Medical School
- Medical Internship, Marburg Service at John Hopkins Hospital
- Ophthalmology Residency at Wilmer Eye Institute at John Hopkins
Positions & Distinctions
- Phi Beta Kappa, Rutgers University
- Alpha Omega Alpha, John Hopkins School of Medicine
- Board Certified with the Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology Examiner – 1972
- Lt. Commander, Navy, United States Public Health Hospital – 1969-1971
- Chief Section of Ophthalmology,
- Department of Surgery, at Virtua
- Memorial Hospital, Mt. Holly, NJ – 1972 – present
- Member of New Jersey Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of the Medical Society of New Jersey