Richard Tipperman, MD
Dr. Richard Tipperman completed his medical degree at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, and then went on to complete a residency in ophthalmology at Wills Eye Hospital, where he served as Chief Resident.
At Ophthalmic Partners, Dr. Tipperman specializes in refractive and cataract surgery, improving patients' vision with intraocular lens implantations. He also manages cataract surgery complications. Presently, he serves as Medical Director of Main Line Surgery Center and is on staff at Wills Eye Hospital.
On top of patient care, Dr. Tipperman is heavily involved in academics and education, having multiple publications in various medical journals. He has twice been awarded with the ""Best Paper of Session"" award at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery annual meeting regarding research on clear corneal wound healing and intravitreal kenalog injections during cataract surgery. Dr. Tipperman was also one of fourteen ophthalmic surgeons in the U.S. selected to participate in an FDA core study for an Alcon multifocal intraocular lens, which then received FDA approval and was released for nationwide use.
Dr. Tipperman's work is not isolated to the United States. He has lectured both nationally and internationally on advanced technology cataract surgery, and even performed live surgery on six different occasions at international meetings. Dr. Tipperman has received many distinctions and accolades throughout his career, including ""Top Doctor"" in Philadelphia Magazine.
- Bachelor's Degree from Hamilton College
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from University of Rochester
- General Surgery Residency at Strong Memorial Hospital
- Neurosurgery Residency at Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Ophthalmology Residency at Wills Eye Hospital
Positions & Distinctions
- Staff Member at Wills Eye Hospital
- Medical Director at Main Line Surgery Center
- “Best Paper of Session” award at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery annual meeting
- Listings in “Top Doctors” in Philadelphia Magazine and Main Line Today
- Listing in ”34 Best Ophthalmologists in America”
- Ocular Surgery News’ Premier Surgeon 300, 2016