Sagun J. Pendse, MD
Sagun Pendse, MD, FACS specializes in comprehensive eye care, as well as the medical management of glaucoma and cataracts. He is an expert in cataract surgery, using advanced technology to correct astigmatism as well as both distance and near vision.
Dr. Pendse attended University of Pennsylvania, where he received his Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering. He then went on to complete his Doctor of Medicine degree at Temple University School of Medicine and was selected to join the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. After medical school, he completed his ophthalmology residency at Wills Eye Hospital and served as Co-Chief Resident in his final year. He worked in a private practice for a total of five years after his residency.
Dr. Pendse is board-certified and currently holds staff positions at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, the Wills Eye Institute and St. Mary Medical Center. He is a member of the Cataract and Primary Eye Care Service and is subsequently involved with the education of Ophthalmology Residents at the Wills Eye Institute. He also performs emergent eyecare services at the Wills Eye Emergency Room.
- Bachelor's Degree from University of Pennsylvania
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from Temple School of Medicine
- Ophthalmology Residency at Wills Eye Hospital
Positions & Distinctions
- Staff Member at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, the Wills Eye Institute and St. Mary Medical Center
- Member of the Cataract and Primary Eye Care Service
- Member of Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Member of American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Member of Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of American Medical Association
- Member of Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons