Sander M. Cohen, MD
Dr. Cohen graduated with honors from The University Of Pennsylvania with a major in Botanical Ecology. He earned his medical degree from The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, where he developed an interest in eye pathology and ophthalmology. After completing an internal medicine internship at The Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore, he trained in ophthalmology at The Wills Eye Hospital, in Philadelphia. As a senior resident at Wills, he was honored to be chosen as co-chief resident.
Dr. Cohen joined South Jersey Eye Physicians in 1987, where he has developed a comprehensive ophthalmology practice specializing in cataract surgery with premium intraocular lens implants.
Dr. Cohen grew up in Baltimore and attended The Gilman School. He spends as much time as possible with his wife, three sons, and one daughter-in-law. He is an avid gardener, apiarist, and cyclist in his spare time.
- Bachelor’s Degree from University of Pennsylvania
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from John Hopkins Medical School
- Internship in Internal Medicine, Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore
- Residency at Wills Eye Hospital, Chief Resident
Positions & Distinctions
- Chief Resident, Wills Eye Hospital
- International Volunteer for Cataract Surgery
- Surgical Eye Expeditions International
- Member of The American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of American Medical Association
- Member of American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Member of New Jersey Academy of Ophthalmology, and the Medical Society of New Jersey
- Member of New Jersey Top Doctors, 2018